On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Gary Greene wrote:

>> > I've got a little problem with XFree's beta release 4.2.99. When I
>> > logout, or whenever the card blanks the screen (in X mode) my Linux
>> > system hangs and refuses to come out of the sinal off status. This
>> > happens only when DRI is enabled. with DRI off the card response
>> > normally. However, there goes my 3D Hardware support at that time:(
>> >
>> > At this time I am forced to "zap" X to log in as another user, or since
>> > I've got X set up as a SysV-styled service, I have to run /etc/init.d/dm
>> > stop then restart it.
>>
>> Does that work even after logging out? Does setting up the display
>> manager to always restart the X server work around the problem in that
>> situation?
>
>It (my system) hangs whenever I try to logout with the dm. This is the reason 
>that I am forced to either telinit 3 or "zap" X. This same or similar issue 
>has been reported on the DRI site by me and others using the ATI Radeon 
>(r100) chipset devices. I'd have to classify this as a serious bug in the 
>DRI/DRM architecture.

Just a wild shot.  Assuming you have working audio on the box, 
can you disable your sound card modules from loading, and reboot 
without sound, and try logging out of X?

-- 
Mike A. Harris


_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to