On 21 Feb 2003, Michel D�nzer wrote:

> > I'll try to figure out how to make gdm restart instead of just resetting the
> > X server.
>
> AlwaysRestartServer=true
>
> in /etc/gdm/gdm.conf, which I just noticed seems to be the default in
> recent versions though, but I can't reproduce the problem setting it to
> false either.

For the record, in RedHat 8.0 the default was apparently 'false' -
changing this to 'true' as you suggested solved the problem for me. Thanks
a lot for the suggestion!

While I'm happy now, clearly the basic problem is still there in the code.
If there is anything sensible I can do to help debug the root cause of
this, please let me know and I'll do what I can. I won't have much time
for a couple of weeks unfortunately though.

Best regards,
Per Bjornsson

--------------------------------------------
Per Bjornsson
Ph.D. student, Dept. of Applied Physics, Stanford University


_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to