On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 12:42:05AM -0500, Andy Goth wrote:
> On Thursday, July 10, 2003 5:12 pm, David Dawes wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 04:31:16PM -0500, Andy Goth wrote:
> > >On Tuesday, July 8, 2003 12:05 pm, Egbert Eich wrote:
> > >> Daniel Stone writes:
> > >>  > I also hope like hell Mailman isn't munging Reply-To, because that's
> > >>  > just *wrong*.
> > >>
> > >> Hm, I don't know what you would call munging, it puts the list address
> > >> into the Reply-To.
> > >
> > >Daniel is probably referring to:
> > >
> > >http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
> >
> > This comes up from time to time, and has been for years.  There's no
> > point rehashing that particular matter of personal preference again.
> 
> Sorry I brought it up... :^(  I didn't mean to start anything.  I just 
> happened to remember seeing the words "munge" alongside "reply-to" and 
> thought there might be a reference.  I will not reply to this thread again.

Don't worry, Andy; it's me they're yelling at.  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra
-- 
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink                             RFC 2100
The Suncoast Freenet         The Things I Think
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   OS X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows
        -- Simon Slavin, on a.f.c
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to