On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 11:26:43 +1000, Daniel Stone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 04:10:58PM -0600, Marc Aurele La France wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Andy Goth wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 8, 2003 12:05 pm, Egbert Eich wrote:
> > Daniel Stone writes:
> > > I also hope like hell Mailman isn't munging Reply-To, because that's
> > > just *wrong*.


> > Hm, I don't know what you would call munging, it puts the list address
> > into the Reply-To.


> Daniel is probably referring to:

> http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html

... which expresses an opinion not that widely held.

Sorry, I lost about 10min worth of mail when I switched hosts my mail spooled
on, and Egbert's reply must've been in that.


Reply-To considered harmful is an opinion I hold, and it seems to be the opinion
of most everyone I've encountered. The pressure should be on the MUA to do the
right thing; either the user should set a Mail-Followup-To header, or you should
reply to all per default, or you should just do a list reply.


from the xwin master himself:


Around 21 o'clock on Jul 15, Trevor Woerner wrote:


Could the mailing list options be set such that replies are by default sent back to the list, instead of by default sent to the sender?

Yes.. I know "reply-to considered harmful" and all that, but I've never found it to be a problem...
-keith






--
Encourage one another daily, as long as it is call Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness -- Hebrews 3:13


�
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to