hence, request #1: the ability to edit the creation and modification
dates.

I would benefit from this as well. I have a large number of small
compositions (~200) originally written in MacJournal. I was able to
import them without problem, but now they all have the same date. This
doesn't matter for most of my other Yojimbo content, but for these
entries it would be meaningful to be able to sort and view them

Since I have already imported these items, the ability to correct
their dates (item "backdating," if you will) would be ideal. However,
I suppose a valid argument could be made to keep these dates
immutable, so in either case preserving the creation date of imported
items would be a reasonable solution.

Jim