There are, however, cases
> that cannot be done using VH very easily (certain yucky connected
> cases and such), but there are only a few of those.  Do you break
them
> up and do VHF2L in those cases, too, Dan?
>
> ~ Bob

I have to be honest, if it's one of the yucky cases then I would not
bother using VHF2L - esp in a competition. In practice however, I
would still solve these cases, but it's hard to say whether you gain
any time by doing this. If you hadn't flipped all the edges using
VHF2L, who's to say that you wouldn't have had a tough OLL and an N
perm? And if you did flip the edges in a yucky case, you might end up
with the 1 in 12 skip. Or of course it could go horribly wrong the
other way. All if's and but's!

Dan :)