What do you mean by double-Sune? Are you refering to the H1 cases? I
already have those. The one where there is no EP is my slowest, feel
free to work on that one, it's the only non-trivial one there I
think, the ohter's are easy/fast. Work on the other H-Orientation
cases, I don't think many people have looked at those yet.

If you are talking about general double-sune cases outside of H1,
then I have many of those covered too. Me and DanH have good L1 sets
completed. I don't know if Pi1 needs work, I have a set, but it's
kinda slow I think.

-Doug

--- In zbmethod@yahoogroups.com, Gilles van den Peereboom
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello :-)
>
> I think a database should be enough for the storage of our work.
However we
> [...]
>
> If nobody minds, I'd like to start with the Double-Sune case
without any
> corners to swap (only edges). I haven't checked all the existing
zb-ll pages
> so if this has already been looked into very deep, please tell
me :p

> Concerning the optimization and the different styles, I think that
if we
> want to do this really well, we need to be complete. I mean that
when we
> have an algorithm for a case that can be done sub3 : it's very
good. But
> maybe there is another one which could be faster.
> So I propose that we at the least propose 2 different algs that
can be done
> sub3.
> However this might be hard, but I think the result is worth it.
>
> I'll start working on this tomorrow. :-)
> Gilles.
>

> 2005/12/11, cmhardw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >
> >  Hey Gilles,
> >
> > That would be awesome thank you!  I'm also going to start
searching
> > and including all the search lists for the algs for others to
search
> > for ones they like too.
> >
> > Here is the biggest problem.  We all have different styles.  I
vastly
> > prefer RULM to anything else, and will often choose a sub-
optimal RULM
> > alg over an optimal length one.
> >
> > Also, some people are better at using the optimal algs and
getting
> > them to full speed.
> >
> > So here is the idea.  I am a self proclaimed RULM user.  I
prefer RULM
> > to anything else, although I do have lots of RUF and RULFD types
algs
> > that I like a lot.
> >
> > So once someone finds a list of potential algs for a case I could
> > search for the RULM alg, and someone who is better at making the
> > optimal alg fast could search for that.
> >
> > We can group ourselves accorind go out styles.  That way, on the
> > central site where we post these algs, each case will have
upwards of
> > hopefully 10 different algs that are optimized for different
styles.
> > If 10 isn't possible, at least a few to choose from.
> >
> > I don't know the best way to set up this group interaction,
perhaps we
> > can all vote for our favorite and vastly preferred styles to
start
> > with.  I am very much a RULM solver though, and prefer it to all
other
> > types by far.
> >
> > If too many of us are the same style then we can branch out.  I
also
> > like RUF a lot and could search for those.
> >
> > Basically we need people to just search for algs in all types of
> > metrics, and people to sift through algs once they are found.
Imay
> > even be able to get Richard Patterson to help us for the sifting
part.
> > I am willing to run my processor 24-7 to search for algs, as
well as
> > look for good ones among those found.
> >
> > We should coordinate as a team and work on these together.  Let's
> > serioulsly turn team [zb] into a group effort to improve the ZB
> > method.  I do think with a truly optimized ZBLL, that this
method can
> > be one of the best, if not the best.  But it will take a
flawless ZBLL.

> > Let me know what you guys think.  I want to start with my
> > T-orientations case 1 algs first.  Most are sub-3 already, but I
want
> > to optimize those that aren't and also research and provide algs
for
> > different styles as well.
> >
> > What do you guys think?  Should we make a database and divy up
all the
> > COLL cases?  What would work best, I want as much input from
everyone
> > as we can get so that everyone can enjoy what they are working
on, and
> > do what they want to work on.
> >
> > Chris
> > definitely still team [zb] as well
> >
> > --- In zbmethod@yahoogroups.com, Gilles van den Peereboom
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Even though I stopped learning ZB a few weeks ago, I'm still
> > > interested in that extension.
> > > I'm kind of fed up with learning an huge amount of algorithms
without
> > > always understanding what I do.
> > > But I'm really interested in finding new ones either by myself
or with
> > > the help of a computer.
> > >
> > > If you want some help, I could help for exemple on one of the
> > > orientation case (maybe split it with someone if anybody is
> > > interested).
> > >
> > > I'm rather fond of the Double-Sune orientation so if there is
any case
> > > you prefer to have first (since I'm probably not gonna use
this in
> > > competition), just tell me which one :-)
> > >
> > > Gilles.

LL have a

> > when
> > we can
and make it

> > webpage or

> > weeks

> > method

> > reality?

> > weeks to

> > and get

> > than

Is anyone

Service.

t=ms&k=Online+puzzle+games&w1=Online+puzzle+games&w2=Puzzle+games&w3=
Free+puzzle+games&w4=Jigsaw+puzzle+game&w5=Computer+puzzle+game&w6=Fr
ee+puzzle+inlay+games&c=6&s=145&.sig=VEjmPH3RHhOkeGHFCIdmNA>  Puzzle
> > games<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Puzzle+games&w1=Online+puzzle+games&w2=Puzzle+games&w3=Free+pu
zzle+games&w4=Jigsaw+puzzle+game&w5=Computer+puzzle+game&w6=Free+puzz
le+inlay+games&c=6&s=145&.sig=bwSwFjLtp10DG5Gi3RezDA>  Free
> > puzzle games<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Free+puzzle+games&w1=Online+puzzle+games&w2=Puzzle+games&w3=Fr
ee+puzzle+games&w4=Jigsaw+puzzle+game&w5=Computer+puzzle+game&w6=Free
+puzzle+inlay+games&c=6&s=145&.sig=Y96aU7SV1jElHNS6wra-Dw>  Jigsaw
> > puzzle game<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Jigsaw+puzzle+game&w1=Online+puzzle+games&w2=Puzzle+games&w3=F
ree+puzzle+games&w4=Jigsaw+puzzle+game&w5=Computer+puzzle+game&w6=Fre
e+puzzle+inlay+games&c=6&s=145&.sig=_0lpQ_ksJNlXfY9W_l8nyQ>  Computer
> > puzzle game<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Computer+puzzle+game&w1=Online+puzzle+games&w2=Puzzle+games&w3
=Free+puzzle+games&w4=Jigsaw+puzzle+game&w5=Computer+puzzle+game&w6=F
ree+puzzle+inlay+games&c=6&s=145&.sig=OVkd9VITQcTZEd2PmbJCDg>  Free
> > puzzle inlay games<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=ms&k=Free+puzzle+inlay+games&w1=Online+puzzle+games&w2=Puzzle+games
&w3=Free+puzzle+games&w4=Jigsaw+puzzle+game&w5=Computer+puzzle+game&w
6=Free+puzzle+inlay+games&c=6&s=145&.sig=fXgIAVs-v5-nHM-8fl7g-w>