On Thursday, May 04, Ahmed wrote:
Ahmed,  Thanks for your posting.  As usual I disagree with just about every
sentence you wrote.  I won't go through your posting line-by-line, but have
picked out a few examples:

>Multitasking is a task like eating, walking, going to school, studying or
>talking to the magistrate.

This example you give is NOT multi-tasking.  Multi-tasking is eating WHILE
waking to school, and WHILE trying to study, and WHILE attempting to carry
on a conversation with someone.  Multi-tasking is sitting in a classroom and
giving your teacher only 10% of your attention.  By doing that you're
disrespecting both your teacher and yourself.

>When hunger comes, I eat my rice.
>When sleep comes, I close my eyes.

This is not multi-tasking.  This is serial-tasking.

Multi-tasking, at least the way you described it, is an attempt to maximize
the QUANITY of activities you can perform.  Zen practice is not concerned
with QUANTIY, it's concerned with QUALITY.

Buena Suerte, ...Bill!

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/S27xlB/TM