Hi Bill!
Is that right that in zen there is something called Dharma Combat?.
In fact, now that you made me aware of it...I read the two pieces of
verse together and you are right, they are very nice and its contrast
is really good!. Wow, I't seemed as I suffered from a wrong
perception about you and you just were singing in togethernes with
me!.  Thank you Bill for your patient, mindfulness and insight.

A kind bow from
Mayka
--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Smart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Mayka,
>

> The poem I wrote back to you was not a correction; it was a
response.  I was
> like a song where you sing one verse and I sing another.  In its
extreme
> form in the Japanese tradition this is called Dharma Combat.  It is
when one
> zen practitioner expresses their understanding and another responds
> expressing theirs.
>

> Be assured I am not at all concerned with your grammar.  Misuse of
grammar
> is only problematic when it prevents you from communicating well,
and I
> think you do very well in that area.  Also, grammar it is not
important at
> all in poetry.
>

> Your statement below "My poem tries to transmit in a very basic
way, the
> truth about interbeing while yours
> keeps on the individual self." is true.  The reason I wrote what I
did was
> because I sensed you might believe your perspective was the only or
> 'correct' way to represent the message of the Diamond Sutra.  What
I wrote