---Dear ZenBob, The absolute and the reletive are not "to a degree reletive" or "Absolutist". I'm reffering here to the Absolute and Reletive truth of the Universe. The Reletive truth is that things exist here and now in this exact moment, not the moment ahead or behind. Form springing up from the Universe. It's why the Zen student who stunned his toe exlaimed "I will not be fooled again" The Absolute truth is that all things, one thing; therefore no thing. The Universe springing from form.
So when you responded by saying "nothing exist", you answered my post in the Absolute while I was reffering to the Reletive. Kinda like playing checkers and suddenly you're trying to play by the rules of chess. I can just as easily play chess, but we were playing checkers. you wanna stick to one conversation? :p Guy In [email protected], "Robert Kirbo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 12:34:32 -0800, anatmanwave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > wrote: > > > ---If there is no train what just ran over my foot? > > > > Now there is a foot, too? > > > I answer in the reletive, you come back in the absolute. > > Not absolutely...I realize that everything is to a degree relative, > and I did not intend for the comment(s) to sound absolutist, but > to offer some talking points on the underlying Buddhist approach > of example via KOANS, since that was the essential topic. > > > > I fully understand the concept of mental constructs(?). We create > > our universe in every moment. But it is the action we take not our > > understanding of the situation that affects the world around us. > > Yes, exactly. And I did underscore that principle, and am in agreement > with this view. > > > Furthermore good effort does not always mean good results. best > > laid plans of mice and men........? > > Also, no disagreement, as in comment on "sh_t" happens. Again, at > every layer, > as I suggested, we always have some choices to right thought and right > action... > Buddhism and Zen are as close to absolutist on these principles. > > > Just have to go with the flow, > > Guy > > That is the most important final perspective, of course..which relates > to my > comment on ultimate harmony and finding one's own place and action in the > world... > if we keep bumping into things, or thinking that the glass is half empty, > and then > bump into things, that is when rational thinking suggests that we might > need to alter > our thoughts, our habits or our occupation. There can be no doubt that > the odds of > unpleasant results if one is a police officer are likiely much higher than > if one happens > to be a photographer. That does not preclude that a photographer is safe > from harm, > accident or personal tragedy. No one is free from the nature of the > world. As you say, > given that some bad things will happen sometime, it is our resulting > thoughts and > actions in response to these bad things, that most form the next layer of > our lives. > > I also try to go with the flow, but realize that at times I am responsible > for guiding or > channeling that flow as smoothly as possible. And believe me, I have had > my share > of recent turbulence to understand the ultimate reality of humility about > these things! > > Peace, > > Zenbob > > > -- > Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ > Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are reading! Talk about it today! Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
