From: "mike brown" <I honestly don`t think certification of a person`s
understanding means much.>

I agree with you. There are people achieving satori who have never heard of
zen or meditation, etc. There are people who reach enlightened states who
may not even have any spiritual beliefs at all.

However, anyone who is asking for money in exchange for teaching is by
definition a professional teacher. Therefore if that person is advertising
here I would like to know what their experience is.

That is just my opinion. I am not stopping anyone from sending money to
anyone. The person in question may very well be Fudo or Genryu or some roshi
from a well-known temple. Since he is not talking, then I cannot guess.

The whole point is that you cannot be dishonest and be spiritual too. So lay
your cards on the table. What is your experience? A lot, a little, or none
at all? No big deal. We have all interacted with the person and we can all
make our own judgments, but we should not be asked to fly blind and trust
someone who does not trust himself.

Al the Pal.

reading! Talk about it today!
Yahoo! Groups Links