If I may say to your mind with respect, Al. Do not judge with form. Chan does not exist in any form. If you have problem with the word, "enlightenment" as before, it is your mind and not the word itself. I purposefully inserted there for you. It is not important what word I use to describe my teacher. To me, he is everywhere. Sound like a cult does it not? :-) Actually what I mean is not the physical he, but the Dharma he teaches. Words are dangerous. Our minds are worse.
I had doubt like everyone else when I first hear the word, "enlightenment". It takes time to truly know ourselves. In the last 8 years I continue to experience and witness, every two-three month, always something new about my body, mind and spirit and I am still learning. Don't seek outside of ourselves. Meeting a quality school only compacts the journey and the challenges, but does not eliminate the challenge. There is no short cut, because the challenges, we called karma, are always with us. When we "pick or choose", we only filter out the opportunities with our limited mind. Only when we are at peace with ourselves, then we "hear the voice" of nature - or the universe, or Chan, or God, or Ala - just terminologies. Our "enlightened" :-) Master mentioned to us repeatedly, "Do not idolize me, do not take notes, do not chant, do not memorize my words or sutra, for they are exercises of the mind and the consciousness. Practice and cultivate your Chi and witness yourself." You shall find information of our school below. We have 60+ meditation centers in Taiwan, but only two in the US. We managed to translate some of his teachings DVD with English subtitle. Everything that I have posted in this forum can be found on the site. There is much more information in Chinese, which still will take a while for us to translate. http://www.heartchan.org http://www.zen.org.tw Jue Miao Jing Ming My Dharma name - only teachers get a Dharma name in our school. I am one of the 60 ordained teachers, but that ordination only means that we have the responsibility to undertake the karma of others. And nothing more. Al wrote: > > From: "Jue Miao Jing Ming - When we meet our enlightened Master, he > > always stands up to greet and ask us to sit down first.> > > Sounds good. What is the url to the enlightened master so we can all > eyeball > him for ourselves? > > I am reminded of The Wizard of Oz, where the four souls who were all > lacking > something went on a trip to meet the wizard. > > I recently saw bits of a remake of TWOZ on the Sci-Fi Channel. It was > pretty > bizarre. > > Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are reading! Talk about it today! Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
