Al, Al, Al...

I think you're seriously short-changing experiencing reality without
illusions.  Read your Zen literature again or talk to a Zen teacher.
Zen refers to this as 'jumping off

I don't usually post quotes.  I like to say things myself in my own
way, but since I've done that, and Edgar and Mike have also done
that, I'll try a quote:

"What is the master [within you] who at this very moment is seeing
and hearing? If you reply, as most do, that it is Mind or Nature or
Buddha or one's Face before birth or one's Original Home or Koan or
Being or Nothingness or Emptiness or Form-and-Color or the Known or
the Unknown or Truth or Delusion, or say something or remain silent,
or regard it as Enlightenment or Ignorance, you fall into error at
once. What is more, if you are so foolhardy as to doubt the reality
of this master, you bind yourself though you use no rope. However
much you try to know it through logical reasoning or to name or call
it, you are doomed to failure. And even though all of you becomes one
mass of questioning as you turn inward and intently search the very
core of your being, you will find nothing that can be termed Mind or
Essence. Yet should someone call your name, something from within
will hear and respond. Find out this instant who it is!
If you push forward with your last ounce of strength at the very
point where the path of your thinking has been blocked, and then,
completely stymied, leap with hands high in the air into the
tremendous abyss of fire confronting you -- into the ever-burning
flame of your own primordial nature -- all ego-consciousness, all
delusive feelings and thoughts and perceptions will perish with your
ego-root and the true source of your Self-nature will appear. You
will feel resurrected, all sickness having completely vanished, and
will experience genuine peace and joy."

Bassui - Japanese Zen Master (1327-1387)

P.S.  I bow with great humility to your dog...

--- In, "Fitness63" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> From: Bill Smart> It is not a name of a particular think. It is not
a proper
> noun.) is direct experience of reality. >
> OK, so what? My dog experiences reality directly without illusions
> (presumably).
> What you define as zen sounds like Zombie Zen, not even Happy
People Zen.