From: Bill Smart> I think the major difference between Chan and zen is
spiritualism, which inlcudes things like Chi.>

Every class that I ever took on zazen said that the focus of the mind in the
navel is because that is where the CHI is.

The hands together with the triangle over your CHI to focus on the CHI.

The Judo teacher that I knew talked about CHI all the time, I know that
there are Japanese zen words that deal with CHI, I think it is SHI, but it
is the same thing.