JMJM,

I'm not arguing with you.  I don't really care what names we use such
as Chan/zen, Chi/JUST THIS, po-TAY-to/po-TAH-to.  I only care that when
we use these terms we know what they mean, or at leat know whether
we're referring to the same thing or not.

>From you postings I don't think JMJM's Chan is the same thing as
Bill!'s Zen Buddhism, and especially not Bill!'s zen.  I also don't
think JMJM's Chi is the same as Bill!'s JUST THIS!

>From what I've gleaned so far I think the major difference (and maybe
the only difference) between Chan and Zen Buddhism is Chan's focus on
Chi.  I think the major difference between Chan and zen is
spiritualism, which inlcudes things like Chi.

I do enjoy our posting exchanges, even when I'm disapointed.

I do like your title: JMJM, Roshi - American Zen Association.

Do you like mine?  Bill!