JMJM,
I'm not arguing with you. I don't really care what names we use such
as Chan/zen, Chi/JUST THIS, po-TAY-to/po-TAH-to. I only care that when
we use these terms we know what they mean, or at leat know whether
we're referring to the same thing or not.
>From you postings I don't think JMJM's Chan is the same thing as
Bill!'s Zen Buddhism, and especially not Bill!'s zen. I also don't
think JMJM's Chi is the same as Bill!'s JUST THIS!
>From what I've gleaned so far I think the major difference (and maybe
the only difference) between Chan and Zen Buddhism is Chan's focus on
Chi. I think the major difference between Chan and zen is
spiritualism, which inlcudes things like Chi.
I do enjoy our posting exchanges, even when I'm disapointed.
I do like your title: JMJM, Roshi - American Zen Association.
Do you like mine? Bill!
------------------------------------
Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are
reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/