I like that, Practice with Heart.
As far as self and no self, Buddha taught in between perhaps.
Same as suffering and no suffering.

Leaving the awakening to the impermanance.
And the noticing of illusions created by mind.

Like the student dissapointed when the Master sat on a needle and
said Ouch.

Can we See, without having to Do.

Self arises and dissapears with interaction.

The Self is a by product, not a permanent thing.

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, Jue Miao Jing Ming - 覺妙精明
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thank you for all of your input about satori.  I used google
translator
> and I found the Japanese equivalent, 悟り
>
> If that is the correct Kanji, then it means literally Awakening.
> Awakening is defined by our school a realization/experience that we
are
> enslaved by our mind.  Just a mental realization as well as an
> experience separating us from our mind.
>
> Is this correct?
>
> If satori means a state of being, then we can live our daily life
in the
> state of Satori, then there is no self.  Therefore no suffering, no
> judgment, etc.
>
> Thanks,
> JM
> PS. Our school uses the term of "practice with our heart", because
heart
> has no memory.  It is incapable to think.  :-)
>

> siminotes wrote:
> >
> > realizing Awareness.
> >
> > Sudden or gradual.....
> >
> > Neither
> >
> > Both
> >
> > It is when the ego no longer covers the personality and you are
just
> > yourself.
> >
> > Neither sudden nor gradual.
> >
> > siminotes
> >
> > --- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Zen_Forum%
40yahoogroups.com>,
> > Edgar Owen <edgarowen@> wrote:
> > >
> > > JM,
> > >
> > > Satori is actually a misleading illusion. It refers to the
> > > realization of the true nature of things by direct experience.
But
> > > since the nature of things is ever present and actually is our
> > direct
> > > experience in that view we are always directly experiencing it.
By
> > > using the term satori, we make an illusory distinction that we
can
> > > either realize or not realize the true nature of things. But
that
> > > implies an illusory dualism in the nature of things (the nature
of
> > > things actually being our direct experience) as either one way
or
> > the
> > > other. It imposes a judgment on direct experience, and judgement
> > is
> > > the antithesis of satori. So that is incorrect. All that exists
is
> > > direct experience of the true nature of things, there is nothing
> > > else. Thus satori is and can be nothing, it is meaningless, an
> > empty
> > > word, a sound on the wind. All this is just a matter of which
> > empty
> > > words are used to describe the one true experience that is
> > > consciousness.
> > >
> > > From the point of view of satori, satori and not satori have no
> > > meaning. ONly from the point of view of non satori, is the
concept
> > of
> > > satori meaningful, as only in the world of relativity and
dualism
> > can
> > > there be such a distinction.
> > >
> > > Edgar
> > >

> > > On Sep 17, 2008, at 11:19 AM, Jue Miao Jing Ming - 覺妙
精明