Hi Edgar, The original meaning of the word virgin was a woman who is not under the dominion of any man - as in Vestal Virgins. The prostitutes at Aphrodites' temples were also referred to as virgins. Besides, I figured if Queen Elizabeth the 1st could reclaim her virginity, so can I.
I've always been a lesbian. It just took me a very long time to figure out that wanting children didn't make me heterosexual. And there was almost no cultural support in such matters for young people when I was growing up. Zen has been a big help to me in this, by the way. Margie (roloro1557) --- In [email protected], Edgar Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > Hi Margie, > > Read your poems at your site and was quite impressed and hope to read > more if you can post them. Your tone reminds me of mine a lot, one > that I think few people appreciate, sort of a deep very conscious yet > very simple clarity of nature as it is in its overwhelming realness > in the moment. > > Was surprised to find you are a virgin and a lesbian though! Wouldn't > have suspected that! Hopefully you mean metaphorically? :-) > > Best, > Edgar > ------------------------------------ Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
