Is their consciousness in deep sleep, when you are on the operating table? Then why do you expect it after death?

BTW do you know how consciousness stops in deep sleep? It's easy, the brain's internal sense of the passage of time is temporarily shut off.

I accept your challenge to prove there is not personal consciousness after death, but you have to wait until after you die to get my proof!

On Oct 9, 2008, at 10:04 AM, Anthony Wu wrote:

I agree the question of consciousness surving the body or not is irrelevant to zen. So is zen master Huineng's temporary hunting job. I just challene Edgar to prove me wrong in regard to the idea.

--- On Thu, 9/10/08, roloro1557 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
From: roloro1557 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Come back to "Aging and Zen"
Date: Thursday, 9 October, 2008, 12:18 PM

Yes, I agree with Bill, why all the interest in life after death?

Death is inevitable, no one escapes it.

Whether there is or is not life after death is not in our hands,
either way there's nothing we can do about it.

If there's not we won't know it. If there is we will. Seems to me
that's all there is to it.

Maybe I'm being overly simplistic.. .
Margie (roloro1557)

> Al and Edgar,
> With all due respect I fail to see the relevance of this
> discussion of whether consciousness survives the death of
> the body. Who cares? We only have today, right now.
> Tomorrow will never exist, much less death.
> Don't take this post as a request for you to stop your
> discussion, but I'd like to know why you have such an
> interest in this topic.

Get your new Email address!