--- In [email protected], <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Anthony,
>
> All morals and ethics are PERSONAL. They apply ONLY TO YOU.
> You cannot project them on others.
How could it be otherwise?
> I'm telling you, YOU ALREADY KNOW! This is your face before
> your mother was born! This is the cypress tree in the
> courtyard! This is three pounds of flax! (And in Al's case -
> this is dried shit on a stick!) This is your Buddha Nature!
> All you need to do is relax and allow yourself to experience
> it. And one thing that helps you do that is zazen - just
> sitting, no thoughts, no fears, no self - Just THIS!
We all already know!
>
> (Another thing that seems to help is a lightning strike, but
> if I were you - and I am - I'd suggest we go with zazen.)
>
He's absolutely right, even *I* don't recommend lightning
strikes! Zazen may not be any easier, but I'm sure it is safer.
> You just need to BELIEVE IN YOURSELF and your innate ability
> to know right and wrong, BE CONFIDENT IN YOURSELF AND YOUR
> JUDGEMENT, and DON'T BE AFRAID TO ACT. Don't get frozen up.
> Don't over-think things.
The importance of this can't be over-stressed. It's one of the things
that repeats over and over again in the old masters, psychology, and
the "better" aspects of religion.
> One more thing... Next time ask an easier question, like
> 'which direction should I face when sitting?' or 'what
> color cushion works best?'. I do best at responding to those.
>
> ...Bill!
Another wonderful dinner Bill. Isn't it Edgars' turn to do the dishes?
:-)
Margie (roloro1557)
------------------------------------
Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are
reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/