<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > "I think,..." The arising and exercising of
cognitive faculties..."...therefore I am." ...gives rise to dualist
thought and concepts, most specifically a concept of 'self' (I) as
something distinct and apart from everything else, and plunges me
headlong into the illusory world of maya.

Isn't that what Descartes was saying? That the thoughts of man are the
creation of everything around us, including God, and all the other
labels? What is water, air, trees, dogs, humans, etc? These things
existed before we gave them names. What were they before we thought
about them?