Good morning Mike;

Yes, I have to admit that I also enjoy the variety of subjects
discussed here in the forum regardless of being intelectual or not.
It's great to have a bunch of people to talk to about anything.
Listening to all of them.  Learning from each of them.  I see each
member as a non separation of myself.  What is the good in them is
also in me.  What are the weakness in them are a reflection of myself
mirror.

Dear all;

I haven't had in time to go through all the post.  I'm afraid I have
not much time right now to read and answer some of the posts.  But I
will.

Thank you all for your participation in the forum.

A big smile to you all
Mayka

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, mike brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Mayka,
>
> >My knowledge and insight about
> >consciousness is rather limited. And therefore open to
> >intelectualization and what is the worst speculation. Being aware
of
> >the harm that intelectualization and speculation can cause I'd
rather
> >keep quiet till real insight cames out.
>
> Well said. I really do enjoy reading the intellectual and
metaphysical postings here, but at the end of the day, that is all
they really are - headcandy for the intellect. That's why I guess I
would call myself a Zen Buddhist. The danger of trying to extract zen
from Zen Buddhism can lead to the charge that zen is nothing more
than an "intellectual exercise" ala JMJM. IMHO an understanding
of 'emptiness' without following the Eight Precepts won't  lead to a
self-transformation as deep as following them. I don't remember who
said it, but zen without Zen Buddhism is like an alcoholic going to
an AA meeting in the morning and a cocktail lounge in the evening.

> Mike.

Consciousness.  Part 4, Sense Consciousness

> Hi Mike;
>
> Which of the verses would like a comment?.  These last three or
> previous ones?.  If you're refering to these last three verses then
> in order to understand them one needs first to understand all
> previous ones. Verses are all linked like an unbreakable chain and
at
> the same time each verse contains also all the rest.  Amazing art
of
> writing, isn't it?.
>
> However, I'm not making comments at the moment for several reasons;
> First; it would create intelectual distraction over the readers.
> Second; Although I had this dharma directly transmitted during a
long
> retreat by Venerable Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh. I feel no much
> confidence yet on the subject.
>
> The Nature of Consciousness is a most fascinating subject to
discuss
> about in a dharma group. Of course providing that the ones who take
> part in such a complex discussion are people with a real
realizacion