Bill;

If you sense a pureness in me by reading my posts its not due to me
but to yourself alone.  What you sense is not me but your own
reflection and on the other hand the energy of your practice and my
practice feeding each other.  And this is one of the greatest beauty
of zen practice.  Once two or more practicioners gather together in
mindful concentration there are not two or more practicioners but
just one mind pure energy. In fact many people read my posts and
rarely see what you see on me a exception JM who is  a pretty smart
guy.  In general only people who knows me face to face see that kind
of things on me.

I'm not pure or impure and at same time I'm both and none of them.

About lifetimes;

This is one of those things I don't believe.  I have sometimes
listened with attention and curiosity when I hear some of the
Vietnamese practicioners talking about that.  I don't close my mind
to the possibility of that, but since I haven't touched or
experienced any of that I don't believe it.   what I have experienced
is that it's true that about interbeing.  I have observed that in my
plants.

Thanks for your encouragement and kind words.
A big smile to you and your mother
Mayka

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Smart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
>
> I wish you continued good luck in your practice.
>
> ...Bill!
>
> --- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "Mayka" <flordeloto@> wrote:
> >
> > Bill;
> >
> > I was very moved by the kindnest of this post of yours towards my
> > person.  I'm not very used to this kind of treatment from
> practioners
> > in the net.  I was taken aback and blushed in shyness and
> > embarresment while I was reading it. However, I feel my
> > responsability to tell you that I'm just amongst the thousands of
> > anonymous officially direct disciples from Thich Nhat Hanh. It
> > wouldn't be fair on Thich Nhat Hanh saying that I'm representing
> him
> > since my meetings with his monastic sangha have been just very
few
> > alone the years. Though it's true that I'm very receptive to his
> > teaching.  When I first met him I told my sangha "That man is
like
> me
> > but in enlightened version.  The day my mind will be pure I'll be
> > like him but in a woman version. I must know how he has done to
> > become like this." And they all laugh because of my temper and
> strong
> > emotions....
> >
> >  Sadly, but enviromental conditiones were not right for me to
join
> > the monastic sangha and spend enough time amongst them so that I
> > could  be be trained appropiately. And because of that I can not
> let
> > you or anyone here see me as Thich Nhat Hanh representant.  My
> > training has been most of it by myself alone and just very
> > occassional retreats with them. I love and respect them too much
> > pretend something I am not.
> >
> > "Just This" and "Just That" didn't intend to give a sense of
> duality
> > but to lead you to the understanding in connection with karma,
form
> > and not form that everything interbeing with each other.  The
form
> > contains the non form and viceverse.
> >
> > I understand karma as the action and the reaction of that action.
> > Even if you would be very mindful and deeply concentrated in
> > continuos alerteness to everything that is going on in the
present
> > moment, still you create karma. Your karma here will be the
energy
> > produced by your awareness.  Whatever we do is going to have a
> > reaction.
> >
> > Thanks for being just as you are.  knowing that you are there
> > practicing I feel a little less lonely in the practice.
> >
> > Mayka
> >

> > --- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Smart" <BillSmart@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Mayka,
> > >
> > > Thank you for your very candid and profound post.  I appreciate
> > your
> > > sharing with the forum your admiration for Thich Nhat Hanh.
You
> > are
> > > representing him and his teachings very, very well.
> > >
> > > Please remember that I don't get your posts in my email, and I
> > don't
> > > always check the website.  So, if you have a post you want to
> > direct
> > > specifically to me or to assure my awareness of the post,
please
> > > email it to me directly as you have in the past.
> > >
> > > My comments are embedded in your post below:

Buddhist
> > or
> round
> > > the
> > tradition
> is
> > education
> > > dharma.
> > something
> > about
> amongst
> > > his
> > > words
> are
> > > very
> > ego.
> > words
> > > hand,
> > conclusion
> > the
> find

Buddha.
> > > can
> > his
> direct
> > > lively
> not
> > > >

> > > Thank you again for your vivid description of Thich Nhat Hanh
and
> > > your impression of him.  He is honored to have you as a student.
> > >
> > > One of the things you've said above rings especially true for
> this
> > > forum: living dharma cannot be expressed by words alone -
> > especially
> > > in only written text.  It's only from face-to-face contact with
> > some
> > > as you describe that you can fully appreciate their total
> > absorption
> > > in the dharma.

> impresion
> > > >

> > > Zen Buddhism does have it's roots in Mahayana Buddhism.  Some
> > beleive
> > > Zen is a type of Mahayana Buddhism, and some beleive Zen is the
> > > evolution (culmination) of Mahayana Buddhim and is a branch of
> its
> > > own.  I assum Thich Nhat Hanh being Vietnamese would have grown
> up
> > > under the influence of Theravada Buddhism, but anyway Theravada
> is
> > > not mutually exclusive from Mahayana Buddhsim.
> > >
> > > As you and I both know and have said repeatedly, none of these
> > names
> > > or terms are really important.  I usually only bring these up
in
> > > response to someone else's post referring to some specific type
> of
> > > Buddhism.  I'm not really overly concerned with Buddhism.  All
> you
> > > Buddhists can give it what ever names, and divide it up into
> > whatever
> > > categories you want.

> or
> > you
> > > >

> > > I know what you say is true.  Most people (99.9%?) inextricably
> > > assocaiate zen and Buddhism.  Some think it is just one of the
> many
> > > branches of Buddhism.  Some, like the Vispassana Buddhists here
> in
> > > Thailand, think Zen is not a part of Buddhism at all - more
like
> > > cult, a derranged and impure psuedo-Buddhism.  Some think of
Zen