I respect your thoughts on this. As I said, I want to believe in karma.
I do believe in the reincarnation of our life force. I think that many
lives before me have brought me to this point, on the path to
buddhahood. Perhaps to be experienced in this lifetime. I have done
good to others and have been extremely blessed in return. I have
witnessed mean people get what they 'deserve'. I relish in the thought
that good (and bad) will be rewarded in the end. But this is my Ego.
My "wants" are clouding my judgement. Only with my practice will I get
true clarity on this subject, and I have a long way to go. How's that
for anticipation?  I plan to visit the temple for the first time in 5
years this weekend. Here's to getting back on the Path!

Thank You.

--- In, Anthony Wu <wu...@...> wrote:
> Chris,
> There are strict rules governing material world, down to subatomic
particles. I tend to believe the same applies to the spiritual world.
It is not convincing that a personal god can set the rules. So the best
theory is still with karma objectively. The problem is we only remember
this one life. For karma to work out we need to go through more than
one life. In other words, karma and rebirth go together. Otherwise,
everything is haphazard, so we are free to kill, rob, rape, drink and