From: <>
Subject: RE: [Zen] Re: The Reason For God
Date: Thursday, 15 January, 2009, 11:22 PM

I will try to answer your question which I assume is: 'What would you do if
confronted with someone who was threatening your life?"

I can absolutely truthfully say that I don't know what I'd do. If I knew what I
would do then that means I would have thought it all out ahead of time, and
then it would me Bill! acting and not Buddha Nature.

I can tell you I would probably do what all animals due when confronted with
danger: flight or fight. I would either try to get away - that could be by
using persuasive talk or actually running away; or fight - that also could be
with threatening talk or behavior, but could include physical assault. If what
you are looking for is a definite statement that I would be passive and not
commit violence, I can assure you that would not always be the case.

Like responding to a koan, the answer depends on the entire moment: who's
asking, what's the situation and what's my experience at that moment.

I hope that response satisfies you. It satisfies me.