From: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:zen_fo...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
maitreya003
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 2:17 AM
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Zen] Re: Compassion

Bill,
All your one liners on this post to Anthony have a common theme which is
offering help. When an addict becomes free and helps others overcome addiction
they are not flawed, but when a person experiences freedom from suffering do to
the transformation of negative actions to virtuous ones they are flawed. Would
you tell a recovered addict that there is no need to help other addicts because
there are no destructive behaviours, even when from the recovered persons
experience that is not so. You keep projecting the ultimate on the illusion and
that is not so. Either the illusion is the same nature as your experience or it
is not. Things function in the illusion, there are actions that cause happiness
and those that cause suffering, actions that cause personal freedom and those
that maintain bondage. It is not a delusion for someone who has freed their
self from an attachment to help others do the same.

joe

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Zen_Forum%40yahoogroups.com> ,

database 5335 (20100802) __________