Hi Joe-

Hmmmmm, I'm not sure why one would need to do this. . .

Let me make sure I understand you.

First, if I understand your post correctly, you seem to be saying that mind and
body are separate things, correct? You are saying that patience is "better"
than anger, correct? And that anger should be "transformed" into something else
more "constructive"?

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "maitreya003" <joult...@...> wrote:
> Artie,
> The mind controls or can control the body's responses.  Anger arises in the
> mind and though it may be as you say, "these responses are "automatic,"  We
> can have direct control over them.  Patience is not a mind that arises
> automatically, but with effort patience negates anger.  It does not suppress
> it, but mentally transforms the situation.  Where something may have angered
> us in the past, patience now arises and with it newer less destructive more
> constructive responses.  In time, what once took practice, patience, will
> arise automatically for us.  So where anger may arise automatically so too
> may patience arise for us automatically with effort.

FROM: Over the hills and far away. . .
The way to do is be. Lao Tzu