Dear Ari,

That seems to have been a violent dream indeed. Is there a little demon in
yourself called Ego? Are you fighting this demon in your practice? From your
lines I read there is someone called Ego who tries to keep you from
practicing.

Our dreams are pictures painted by our feelings. The dream may reflect your
struggle to destroy the worldly part of yourself. What we call ego is just a
way of behaving, a way that has been evolved during millions of years. We
would not exist without this instinct and there is nothing wrong with it. It
is certainly not a demon.

Just sit and observe this wonderful body of yours which carries a wonderful
mind. Relax and be yourself. Insight is not anything you can gain with
violence and there is no use in fighting your wonderful mind. Breathe and
observe it.

Remember the zen story of the man who is plagued by violent dreams which
seem so real? The zen master recommends him to attack the demon with an ink
brush and when the man awakes he is carrying the dot of ink on his belly.
The demon in your dreams is just an idea, no reality.

Wonderful dreams, Kai