Dear Ari,
That seems to have been a violent dream indeed. Is there a little demon in
yourself called Ego? Are you fighting this demon in your practice? From your
lines I read there is someone called Ego who tries to keep you from practicing.

*Well, when I first tried meditating many years ago, I had a dream that was
also
very real and said "I'm the one in control here . . . with evil laughter".

*This dream is thanks in part to a TV show, called "CSI", which is the most
popular show in the US.  Most of the shows are gruesome but fine.  But one
show,
was about how this guy was collecting women from the street and torturing them
by cutting them into pieces while they were alive.  The next person in line, to
be tortured, was held by a metal ring around her wrist. In the show, she chewed
her own hand off, to escape the metal wring and to escape the torture.

*I immediately said "Thank you CSI for putting this imagine in my mind for the
rest of my life!".   Perhaps it has!  I stopped watching that show!

Our dreams are pictures painted by our feelings. The dream may reflect your
struggle to destroy the worldly part of yourself. What we call ego is just a
way
of behaving, a way that has been evolved during millions of years. We would not
exist without this instinct and there is nothing wrong with it. It is certainly
not a demon.

*Could be.

Just sit and observe this wonderful body of yours which carries a wonderful
mind. Relax and be yourself. Insight is not anything you can gain with violence
and there is no use in fighting your wonderful mind. Breathe and observe it.

*Right. I seem to be hated by many, and it gets me down, sometimes and
sometimes
I take it personally.

Remember the zen story of the man who is plagued by violent dreams which seem
so
real? The zen master recommends him to attack the demon with an ink brush and
when the man awakes he is carrying the dot of ink on his belly. The demon in
your dreams is just an idea, no reality.

*Right.

Wonderful dreams, Kai

*Thank you, Kai.

Best,