Anthony,

My responses are embedded below:

From: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:zen_fo...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
Anthony Wu
Sent: Sunday, August 01, 2010 4:28 AM
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Zen] Re: Compassion

Bill,

Welcome back from KL. What kind of reward did you bring from Mahathir Mohamad?

[Bill!] I brought back a very precious gift from the land of Mahathir Mohamad.
I learned that even there sugar is sweet and lemons are sour.

Reward and punishment are part and parcel of our life.

[Bill!] Reward and punishment are illusory; and yes, illusions are part and
parcel of our life.

When you design a software system, don't you intend to be rewarded?

[Bill!] When I design a software system, I design a software system.  When I am
rewarded, I am rewarded.  I don’t intend anything.

…Bill!

Anthony