What is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?.  What's that about?.

Thank your for the openeness, honestity and clarity you talk about you.

Mayka

--- On Sat, 14/8/10, DP <dave.dplat...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: DP <dave.dplat...@gmail.com>
Subject: [Zen] Namaste- first message
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, 14 August, 2010, 16:35

HI, I am new here, and I would like to give a little introduction.

I am 38, and I have been meditating on and off for about two years, reading
about Zen for about 10. I find that zazen helps with my Obsessive Compulsive
Disorder, and while I don't want to go into too many details about that, they
key is the fear of uncertainty. the fact that Zen embraces uncertainty is what
appeals to me.

I am nominally Christian, but I lean towards the more liberal end, i.e. Quaker
or even further. I see Christianity's strength being in its ethical system, at
least when properly applied. I would become even more involved with Zen, sadly
there is no real Zendo near where I live.

Anything else anyone would like to know?