From: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:zen_fo...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of DP
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2010 8:49 AM
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Zen] Other traditions

I have a strange feeling towards other Buddhist traditions. While I find
interesting messages in reading about Christianity or even Islam and Judaism
(Hinduism I find too alien, although I love some of the imagery and
mythology), I have a sort of block against other Buddhist traditions. I can
admire somone like the The Dalai Lama, but I find Tibetan Buddhism too
esoteric. I have had a few negative experiences on chat boards with other
Buddhists in Theravada and Vajranaya traditions, where they even denigrated
Zen. Does anyone else find that other Buddhist traditions seem odder to them
than traditions outside Buddhism?

database 5439 (20100910) __________