From: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:zen_fo...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
Maria Lopez
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2010 10:55 PM
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Zen] Other traditions

Yes, that was my impression too about tibetans being superstitious.  The TNH
sangha in Edinburgh main leader was an ex tibetan nun full of that kind of
superstitious tibetan stuff.  And her ego would resent if someone would point
it out to her.  Nonetheless, I quite like the human warm and great sense of
humour some original tibetans have.  This last July I met a Lama and he would
explain the most ordinary daily things in such a simplicity, humour,
spontaneous and natural way that he managed to transmit the dharma in a most
skillful way.  I believe that in spite of cultiural superstition there are some
very amazing profoundly awakened wise tibetans as well as in the other way
round. In fact they are a whole country and not just an spare  sect kind of
Thich Nhat Hanh propagation but a whole country.

Mayka