From: mike brown <uerusub...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Re: Don't pray in my school and I won't think in your church.
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, 5 October, 2010, 10:24 PM

Anthony,

A couple of points. One religion criticising another religion is not the point
I'm making about religion having a free pass. Take politics, for example. In
the last presidential debate 4 candidates put up their hands to swear that they
didn't believe in evolution. Was there a gasp of disbelief from the
questioner/audience? Laughter? A roll of the eyes? Nothing. Not even a follow
up question. And these people potentially could have their finger on the
button. Now imaine if they said they believed in UFOs or Zeus or a flat earth
etc. Now that's what I call a free pass.

Mike

Ps, I like Don Quixote. Probably the best example of a man of Zen in literature.