Yes Mike I meant mouse .  This is another word I always get wrong and tend to 
say mice instead of mouse. Thanks for the correction and not getting an 
offense.  
Mayka

--- On Tue, 5/10/10, mike brown <uerusub...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:


From: mike brown <uerusub...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Re: Don't pray in my school and I won't think in your church.
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, 5 October, 2010, 15:28


  





Thank you, Mayka. I'm most definitely one man and not "mice" (I think you meant 
the singular 'mouse')  : )
 
Mike 





From: Maria Lopez <flordel...@btinternet.com>
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, 5 October, 2010 7:58:08
Subject: Re: [Zen] Re: Don't pray in my school and I won't think in your church.

  






Anthony:
 
I'm under the impression that Mike is not the type of person who is afraid to 
speak up his mind when he has to.  He is an strong  man and not a mice. He 
doesn't live upon anyone sayings but he mades from the sayings his own sayings 
through the practice of zen = Direct experience with life.  But I don't know as 
all this is just an impression in the same way as you have your own.
Mayka
 
 

--- On Mon, 4/10/10, Anthony Wu <wu...@yahoo.com.sg> wrote:


From: Anthony Wu <wu...@yahoo.com.sg>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Re: Don't pray in my school and I won't think in your church.
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, 4 October, 2010, 23:43


  






Mike,
 
I don't see the 'free pass'. You find Islam criticising Christianity, and vice 
versa, and Christianity reviling Buddhism and vice versa. Many other instances. 
The reason you are afraid to say something against Christianity is because you 
live in a strong Christain influenced environment. Once you say something, you 
will see a lot of Don Quixotes rushing toward you.
 
Anthony

--- On Mon, 4/10/10, mike brown <uerusub...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:


From: mike brown <uerusub...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Re: Don't pray in my school and I won't think in your church.
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, 4 October, 2010, 11:38 PM


  



Mayka,
 
It goes waaaaaaaaay beyond mere "disappontment" in any established religious 
institutions. I really don't understand why religion gets a "free pass" from 
criticism. We attack the oil industry for polluting the environment; 
goverment/politicians for corruption and other socially unacceptable behaviours 
etc. What is it about religion that can claim "I'm offended" as a valid 
argument against scrutiny and even ridicule? If I said the world was flat you'd 
probably think I was mentally sick. But deny evolution (despite the 
overwhelming scientific eveidence) and that's ok because I claim to have 
'faith' in a bronze-age myth. And I'm not even going to begin with the 
institutionalised cover-up of child rape by the Catholic church..
 
Mike





From: Maria Lopez <flordel...@btinternet.com>
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Mon, 4 October, 2010 22:51:51
Subject: Re: [Zen] Re: Don't pray in my school and I won't think in your church.

  






Hi Mike and Everyone!
 
If everytime one has a dissapointment in any established religious institution 
whether that dissapointment was in Christian, Muslim, Jew, Buddhist, Zen 
Buddhist, etc, etc institutions:  and  afterwards acts as a destructor towards 
the institution from which dissapointment took place, then it doesn't sound a 
very wise way of doing towards oneself.  I certainly include myself in this 
unwise way of doing as I've recently experienced a great dissapointment in the 
TNH institutions which lead me to criticism of them. Though never 
as irrespetuos or destructive as many atheists show themselves ugly 
behaviour in front of Christianity.  This harmful way of doing doesn't affect 
the instituions established but just to the ones who carries away such violent 
shows. 
 
 When I look deeply into myself, I realice that it was me all the way alone who 
built up a pedestal to that institution.  It was me who caused herself the 
dissapointment for building a pedestal of "holiness, peace....to the 
institution".  They weren't the ones!!!. Having seeing this within myself I am 
now grateful having found that institution from which I was introduced in the 
walk of zen buddhism.
 
  I was ever dissapointed in any Christian institutions because I never built 
up a pedestal to the instituion!.  And so my experience was always healthy and 
positive.  It was positive because I never put that instituion in a pedestal.  
I saw it for what it was.  And so I could get all the benefit from it and never 
the dissapointment and the anger and frustation that comes with it.
 
Mayka
 

--- On Sun, 3/10/10, mike brown <uerusub...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:


From: mike brown <uerusub...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Re: Don't pray in my school and I won't think in your church.
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, 3 October, 2010, 11:33


  



Kristy,
 
You wrote:  "If you have faith, there is a whole sphere they are ignorant 
about."  

However, this isn't really the whole story. Many atheists were once believers 
who have seen thru 'faith' and have rejected it for what it is. Moreover, I am 
ignorant of what it is to be a neo-nazis, but have no trouble rejecting their 
beliefs as not just harmful, but wrong.
 
Mike









Reply via email to