Related phrases:   work experience
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define:work+experience&defl=en&sa=\
X&ei=_iHQTOKLFo3AsAPhuMHtAQ&ved=0CAQQowMoAA>    experience rating
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define:experience+rating&defl=en&s\
a=X&ei=_iHQTOKLFo3AsAPhuMHtAQ&ved=0CAUQowMoAQ>    user experience
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define:user+experience&defl=en&sa=\
X&ei=_iHQTOKLFo3AsAPhuMHtAQ&ved=0CAYQowMoAg>    out of body experience
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define:out+of+body+experience&defl\
=en&sa=X&ei=_iHQTOKLFo3AsAPhuMHtAQ&ved=0CAcQowMoAw>    outofbody
experience
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define:outofbody+experience&defl=e\
n&sa=X&ei=_iHQTOKLFo3AsAPhuMHtAQ&ved=0CAgQowMoBA>    near death
experience
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define:near+death+experience&defl=\
en&sa=X&ei=_iHQTOKLFo3AsAPhuMHtAQ&ved=0CAkQowMoBQ>    neardeath
experience
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define:neardeath+experience&defl=e\
n&sa=X&ei=_iHQTOKLFo3AsAPhuMHtAQ&ved=0CAoQowMoBg>    experience points
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define:experience+points&defl=en&s\
a=X&ei=_iHQTOKLFo3AsAPhuMHtAQ&ved=0CAsQowMoBw>    jimi hendrix
experience
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define:jimi+hendrix+experience&def\
l=en&sa=X&ei=_iHQTOKLFo3AsAPhuMHtAQ&ved=0CAwQowMoCA>

Definitions of experience on the Web:
    * go or live through; "We had many trials to go through"; "he saw
action in Viet Nam"     * know: have firsthand knowledge of states,
situations, emotions, or sensations; "I know the feeling!"; "have you
ever known hunger?"; "I have lived a kind of hell when I was a drug
addict"; "The holocaust survivors have lived a nightmare"; "I lived
through two divorces"     * go through (mental or physical states or
experiences); "get an idea"; "experience vertigo"; "get nauseous";
"receive injuries"; "have a feeling"     * the accumulation of knowledge
or skill that results from direct participation in events or activities;
"a man of experience"; "experience is the best teacher"     * feel:
undergo an emotional sensation or be in a particular state of mind; "She
felt resentful"; "He felt regret"     * have: undergo; "The stocks had a
fast run-up"     * an event as apprehended; "a surprising experience";
"that painful experience certainly got our attention"
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn%\
3Fs%3Dexperience&sa=X&ei=_iHQTOKLFo3AsAPhuMHtAQ&ved=0CBYQpAMoAA&usg=AFQj\
CNFSg0kV5pL_-F2as_Jr-2x4230giw>

    * Experience as a general concept comprises knowledge of or skill in
or observation of some thing or some event gained through involvement in
or exposure to that thing or event. The history of the word experience
aligns it closely with the concept of experiment.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Experience
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Experience&sa=\
X&ei=_iHQTOKLFo3AsAPhuMHtAQ&ved=0CBcQpAMoAQ&usg=AFQjCNF6uh8qq2GG8pWzTL9i\
sh-R6MW1hQ>

Bill wrote:

> [Bill!] Is not 'merely' an assertion, it is an assertion! It is not
based
on conceptions or feelings. It is based on experience.

Bill,

Questions, as usual, to ask oneself concening 'experience', with a view
to clarify its meaning:

Can the following be classified as kosher/halal experiences?

o  A pentecostal Christian who has had a born-again experience?

o  Tony Blair's sister-in-law who recently reported a transcendental
experience in Qum, Iran - and converted to Islam?

o  A Jewish woman whom I encountered in a group some years ago, who had
a mystical experience of Allah and converted to Islam?

> Ed,

> [Bill! from an earlier post] Tasting the peach with your whole being
is
EVERYTHING. It will save you, your friends, loved ones, all of humanity
and
all sentient beings.

> [Ed} That is merely an assertion (which might be based on illusory
conceptions, feelings and experiences.)