From: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:zen_fo...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of billsm...@hhs1963.org
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2010 9:21 AM
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Zen] Re: FW: Quote from St. Thomas Aquinas

Ed,

You wrote:

[Ed] However to the more than 99.9999% of humans who do not experience
satori, 'Maya' is very, very real. Therefore, I submit to the Zen Forum the
proposition that how the very, very few experience reality (or non-reality)
is not relevant to the world.

I of course don't know the ratio of humans that have or have not experienced
satori, but I doubt if it's that small. When I was frequenting the Zen
Center of Los Angeles, especially during sesshin (intense teaching retreat)
I would estimate that about 25% of the new participants experienced kensho
(a mini-satori) on their first or second sesshin. It's not an uncommon
occurrence at all.

As far as it being 'relevant to the world', I couldn't say. But I can
guarantee you it's very relevant to those that experience it.

...Bill!