Definitions of illusion on the Web:
    * an erroneous mental representation     * something many people
believe that is false; "they have the illusion that I am very wealthy"
* delusion: the act of deluding; deception by creating illusory ideas
* magic trick: an illusory feat; considered magical by naive observers
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn%\
3Fs%3Dillusion&sa=X&ei=p8jSTOfvNYyasAPW4Om3Cw&ved=0CBgQpAMoAA&usg=AFQjCN\
FRJNZpjADddoe9-Y-x-w1AaifpUQ>

    * An illusion is a distortion of the senses, revealing how the brain
normally organizes and interprets sensory stimulation. While illusions
distort reality, they are generally shared by most people. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusion
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusion&sa=X&\
ei=p8jSTOfvNYyasAPW4Om3Cw&ved=0CBkQpAMoAQ&usg=AFQjCNELjukQr85fgzdt494Slx\
nEs888dg>

Bill,

Thanks for clarification of the sense in which persons who are
enlightened (are in a state of satori)  experience reality (or
non-reality)  - namely, as 'Maya' (illusory).

However to the more than 99.9999% of humans who do not experience
satori, 'Maya' is very, very real.

Therefore, I submit to the Zen Forum the proposition that how the very,
very few experience reality (or non-reality) is not relevant to the
world.

> Mayka,
>
> What I meant to say was that if you are living in a world of illusions
(maya) compassion is a badge of honor and something you need to
cultivate and practice.

> If you are not living in a world of illusions there is no compassion,
no honor, nothing to cultivate and nothing to practice. There is Just
THIS!