From: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:zen_fo...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
Maria Lopez
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2010 3:10 PM
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Zen] Re: FW: Quote from St. Thomas Aquinas

Bill:I believe it is a normal and natural aspect of human nature, but like a
lot of normal and natural aspects of human nature it doesn't function well
while we are living in a world of illusion.
Mayka:  This statement is relative.  I have received at moments more human
warm, support from all those you think that live in an illusion that actually
from the ones who they believe not to live in an illusion.  Human warm,
compassion, altruism...I go in complete agreement with your statement that are
very natural qualities but disagree over this statement the distentions you
made between illusion and reality. I have seen compassion in people living in
the streets towards other companions living in the streets too.  Some of these
people are very tough and yet  beneath that apparent hardness, there is
compassion.  The fact of not knowing or being aware of what is going on in one
doesn't mean that compassion is illusory.  Compassion or anger are very real to
any human being.

Mayka