Mayka,

Or perhaps as Bill might say:  Whatever is happening, the practicing
zenist's mind's effort is always directed toward remaining calm, alert
and aware in the here and now, in the state of 'just THIS', and as much
as possible without judgment, grasping, pushing away,
conception-formation or comment.

> ED:
>
> In real life and face to face with people in the arena of zen there
are no women or men but just practicioners who sit down together and
practice together.  There is not as much chatting but all activities are
made in minfulness.

> Mayka

> Mayka,
> You describe situations, preferences, choices and challenges thatÂ
every human encounters in interactions with other humans in the normal
course of life.
> The crucial question is: With what sort of mind does a zenist greet
them all?
> --ED

> Chris, ED and all:
>
> To me is not a question about men or women but human beings.  There
are times I don't get on with certain type of men and there are times I
find difficult to get on with certain type of women.  There are very
competitive men and there are very competitive women but there are also
all those to whom value the most the quality contact they have with
other human beings regardless they are men or women.  In real life I
also have some male friend to whom first encounter was a disasterÂ
and then after some disagrements and fights become very close friends.
There is no difference here for as long as the person in front of us is
of the same wave of thinking.