From: ED <seacrofter...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Zen] New Member
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, November 28, 2010, 2:41 PM

Chris,
Do you not believe that there *is* merit in discussing various possible
motivations for Zen practice, and what we hope to gain from it for ourelves
and/or for humankind (if  anything at all?)
Thanks, ED

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, ChrisAustinLane <ch...@...> wrote:

> Pardon my intrusion into this interchange, but I strongly feel that why is a
> question each person must wrestle with for themselves.
>
> You seem to have an intellect very activated with a lot of questions with a
> lot of energy behind them. If you are content with that way of living, and it
> seems you are, then you need not undertake a practice of sitting.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris Austin-Lane

Bill,
That may well be the case.
Does it automatically follow that others ought to spend enormous amounts of
time and energy attempting to attain the same mind-state, and if so, why?
--ED