I haven't been on here for a long time, and I apologize for just barging in
with a new topic, but I'm having a hard time with the concept of mindfulness.

I have been suffering from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) for a long time,
and lately it has gotten worse. I don't want to get into details here, but it
revolves around both ethical and health choices in diet and just living.

What I don't understand is how mindfulness can help, because to my mind (pardon
the pun) mindfulness means paying attention to everything, and if anything OCD
people pay too much attention. I worry about everything, and intellectually I
can understand just observing my emotions, but there is the constant feeling
that I MUST DO SOMETHING, that if I don't do things right I will die. Hence I'm
much more vigilant.

Am I getting the whole concept of mindfulness wrong? Is there anything I can
read that could help me with this?