I apologize if I have violated the current cultural mores, Ed.
 Understanding group norms has always been a thing I stumble over, I can use
all the hints I can get.  I do not mean to tell you Ed to sit zazen.  I
simply mean that thinking about things and experiencing things are
different.  Even experiencing thinking is different from thinking about
thinking.  I may have been hoping to let the lurkers know my observation
that sittting zazen does make the shift in attention easier, so I notice the
experiencing before it is covered up in thinking easier when I've sat
recently).

I certainly enjoy the to and fro of verbal interchanges.

Thanks,

--Chris

PS  The eat the peach/scrutinize the picture of the peach is a reference to
a Dogen essay, where the title is actual something more along the lines of a
bowl of rice or a picture of a bowl of rice, not a peach.

Scrutinizing the peach and biting into it are not mutually exclusive choices