Joe,

There is no object in the main clause "A tree fell...".  The rest of the
sentence is a dependent adverbial clause used to modify the verb 'fell'.  In
that dependent clause there are several clauses that have objects.  In "there
was no one" 'one' is the object.  In the clause "around to hear it" which is
used as an adjective to describe 'one', 'it' is the object.

You're talking with an English Major you know!  ;>)  And a champion in sentence
diagramming in my high school before that.  But that's been a long, long time
ago in a place far, far away.  So as with all of my posts - CAVEAT EMPTOR!

...Bill!