On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 7:32 PM, Jim Klimov <jimkli...@cos.ru> wrote:
>> Or maybe not.  I guess this was findroot() in sol10 but in sol11 this
>> seems to have gone away.
>
> I haven't used sol11 yet, so I can't say for certain.
> But it is possible that the default boot (without findroot)
> would use the bootfs property of your root pool.

Nope.

S11's grub specifies bootfs for every stanza in menu.lst. bootfs pool
property is no longer used.

Anyway, after some testing, I found out you CAN use vbox-installed s11
usb stick on real notebook (enough hardware difference there). The
trick is you have to import-export the pool on the system you're going
to boot the stick on. Meaning, you need to have S11 live cd/usb handy
and boot with that first before booting using your disk.

--
Fajar