Marc Schindler:

There's an interesting rumour floating around. Apparently
the more expensive versions of the scriptures (like the leather
bound ones) are marked as "discontinued" now (this from the
owner of an LDS bookstore), although they're still available for
individual sale at the Church Distribution Centre online. This
couple who owns the bookstore says they were told there's
going to be some kind of revision within a year or two.

John Redelfs:

We really needed this, Marc.  It's always good to get in on the
ground floor of another urban legend. <grin>

_______________

[smile] This urban legend will consist of a reworking of the
LDS printing of the standard works, with some revised
headers and BD entries.  The TG is also being reviewed.
This project has been underway for some time now.

I first heard about this two years ago from sources I deem
to be reliable, but who were not at liberty to publicly discuss
the project.

The new pictures in current editions of the scriptures are a
part of the project.

So, since there will be a reprinting in the next year or so, the
existing stock of the expensive versions is being allowed
to deplete, with the distribution center being given priority
on the ones that are still left.

After all, it has been over 20 years now since they came
out.  And to think I still see even older copies at Church on
Sunday.  Some members have really missed out.

Larry Jackson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.