According to Alma 29:8 and also Brigham Young, Pres Kimball and others,
there are many people called of God in other belief systems to teach a
level of truth. Those who teach a terrestrial law are doing so under
inspiration of the Light of Christ (and the Holy Ghost). Their calling to
preach and work is just as real as ours in this Church, it just doesn't
have all the saving ordinances or truths.
The Levites were given the Aaronic Priesthood as a hereditary position.
They have a right to serve in that level of truth they have. They do not
have all the saving truths or ordinances, but a temple built upon the
Mosaic law would probably be accepted by God IF they were truly dedicated
to a terrestrial/Mosaic belief system. God rejected them in earlier times
when they rejected the Terrestrial laws for a telestial life.
You will recall with both Moses and Jesus when there were people
prophesying and healing, and neither would condemn those doing their
part, even though they were not part of the "official" group. And so it
is with the Jerusalem Temple. The ordinances performed in the
Mosaic/terrestrial temple were not designed to save anyone, but were
designed to point to the saving grace of Christ.

You have to remember that this is a terrestrial/Mosaic temple, NOT a
celestial/MP temple. We could help them build it so they could perform
their ordinances. We have done things before for other churches. The
Church has bailed out Wesley College (a presbyterian college) in SLC at
least once. We've also helped other religions build churches and
supported them in other ways. We show them respect for the beliefs they
have and the good they bring into others' lives. If building a Jewish
temple will help them get closer to God, and hopefully closer to
accepting the full temple ordinance in the MP/celestial temples we have,
then why not? We don't sacrifice animals in our temples, since we believe
that practice ended with the resurrection of Jesus. However, the Jews
still await the Messiah, and so are still under the Mosaic Law. Their
temple would sacrifice animals, and if they are humble, I believe it
would be acceptable to tthe Lord on a terrestrial level, just as it was
in centuries past.

K'aya K'ama,
Gerald/gary  Smith    gszion1 @juno.com    http://www
.geocities.com/rameumptom/index.html
"No one is as hopelessly enslaved as the person who thinks he's free."  -
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Paul wrote:
Gary,
I don't understand the reasoning that goes along with your thought. The
Jews are descendents of apostates and they and their appointees can't
officiate in the name of the Lord because they have no priesthood
whatsoever. Outside of Mormonism there is no one authorized to perform
animal sacrifice and the Jews know nothing about the sacred covenants of
the priesthood and have rejected Jesus Christ who is the whole purpose
behind the animal sacrifice. Any sacrifice performed by Jews would be a
mockery and just as invalid as the baptism performed by a Catholic
priest.

I don't believe the Jews could build a temple unto the Lord. If the
Catholics can't do it, neither can the Jews. Don't you believe Elder
McConkie when he said the temple would be built by the Church?

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com