Ron Scott wrote:
--
Thus sayeth the self-appointed Judge in Israel.
---

Actually, in the church our judges are appointed by inspiration from
God.  They are not self-appointed nor is their administration a form of
political spoils for the party in power.  Just in case you did not
realize this.

Ron:
---
By the way, who's pushing for "gay rights" here?  I've seen a few here
calling for "equal treatment under the law" for all, which is something
guaranteed by our divinely inspired constitution.
---

Our US constitution is designed to promote a common level of morality.
It was not intended to protect evil behavior, nor to shelter those who
advocate such behavior.  As far as it serves those evil purposes today,
it has become an instrument as twisted and evil in intent as the wicked
minds of those who so pervert the moral basis for our laws.

Equal protection is already afforded in our laws, for legitimate and
traditional marriage.  Nothing in the constitution envisions the
degraded definition of "marriage" that encompasses any particular union
of convenience, affection, devotion, or animal attraction.  There exists
a very pragmatic and functional rationale for promoting traditional
marriage in the body of law.  Attempting to expand the definition of
marriage to include perverted sexual behavior threatens the benefit we
incur from that rational basis.  And of course, it plainly proposes to
lend legitimacy to immorality, which contradicts the very purpose of all
laws.

No amount of sophistry can cancel the clear message our church leaders
have delivered on this matter.  They are consistent and unanimous in
raising the level of concern regarding the threat to our society.