Imagine if somebody tried to use ZPTs, and the answer to any question
where you get errors from it is "well, then don't use it?" It's just
not a viable answer.

Refresh is not a core functionality like ZPT. That comparison is a bit outlandish.

If it is the majoritys agreement that this answer is the best one, and
that the refresh functionality should be looked at as something that
may or may not work purely on luck, then I'll mark it as deprecated
and up for removal in 2.10.

+1 from me

Maybe we can start looking at the last non-integrated version of the
software, because it worked much better, and again make it a
standalone product?

Knock yourself out :)

jens