[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Yes, that's one of the reasons I suggested having dladm(1M) be the
place to display this information since it's where links are
administered in general, even the ones that will be handed off to
exclusive-stack zones.

David,

If we want any form of internal consistency, wouldn't we also need to change were we assign datalink names from zonecfg to dladm?

Thus no more 'net' resource in zonecfg for exclusive-IP zones, but instead some
        dladm set-zone zoneA bge1

Only having dladm show it, and not be able to affect it, seems quite inconsistent.

*If* we believe that this is the right way to go, aren't we opening up pandoraz box to pull out more and more from zonecfg?

I'm failing to understand the architectural or design principle that underlies your suggestion.

   Erik