Jerry Jelinek wrote:
> Ethan,
>
> Ethan Quach wrote:
>>
>> Jerry Jelinek wrote:

>>> Ethan,
>>>
>>> Following up with some of the other responses,
>>> I don't see how this helps you and I don't think of
>>> rpool/export/zones/z1/rpool as a shared area.  Based on
>>> the design, that is only for the zone's BEs.
>> If <zonepath>/rpool is delegated to the zone, then the zone admin can
>> create anything they want in it, e.g. <zonepath>/rpool/export or
>> <zonepath>/rpool/mystuff.  And whatever they create is also seen
>> and automatically mounted whenever any of that zone's BEs boots;
>> hence its like a shared area between that zones BEs, just like rpool in
>> the global zone.
>
> How is that different than if .../rpool/ROOT is delegated?  They
> can still create stuff in there too.

This is the same as what is done with /rpool/ROOT and ZFS boot, with
"ROOT" being the confined area where we place BE's. An admin can still
create things there but this is the only place that we look for BE's.
Datasets outside this are not considered BE's but would be shared
between BE's as is done in the global zone now.